Maps apps for iOS also come with third party applications. It is getting better each year and what more is exciting is the offline maps that provide information to one’s destination even offline.
Recently, the navigation market has drastically changed. It wasn’t long ago that a lot of drivers relied on stand-alone GPS hardware to navigate around the city or cross country. Nowadays, many turn to their smart phones and mapping applications for navigation requirements.
On an iPhone or iPad, users could go with Apple Maps that comes with iOS or choose third party applications like Waze. Apple Maps is getting better every year, but still not viewed widely as equal to a lot of popular third-party applications.
TRAVELING THE WORLD WITHOUT A NETWORK
Now, there is the Offline Maps for iPhone and Android. One could not think if an iPhone without a data plan of any kind since most people use iMessage, connect to social websites, check emails and do more via the network. Thus, when going abroad on travel minus a good roaming data plan, one needs to keep it down to save money.
BEST OFFLINE MAP APPS FOR iOS
Offline Maps come as an entirely useful service. Having offline maps is similar to being online with Maps, although there are some limitations. Most offline Maps are created in a way that one could cache or download a city, place of interest or a part of the map to the device. This makes it available even when one is not connected to a network. Of course, to download data would require being online.
SOME OF THE BEST OFFLINE MAPS FOR iOS
1. MAPS.Me. Go where you want with this application. It is perfect and simple when it comes to guiding to reach one’s destination with no hassles and without internet connection. It is fully loaded with maps from all over the world that are free to download on the iDevices. Maps.me is useful when traveling to an unknown place and have no idea on hotel, restaurant, parking place or even a WiFi spot. It is also now available for Apple Watch as well.
2. City Maps 2 Go. It is yet another application that provides map directions offline. All it takes is to turn on the GP and see the location. The GPS automatically detects one’s location and reach the destination with the directions provided by the offline maps. Aside from that, one could also get detailed reviews and inspiring stories of all the places one visits so users could know the place better and in a better way. It allows searching for a place, saving directions, book a hotel. All this could be done within the application.
3. Pocket Earth. Make traveling stress free with the application. Up to some extent, the word seems to be true with the type of features provided by the application. It works on GPS system to provide offline maps and directions right at the fingertips. It has more 1 lakh places in the database, making sure that each and every corner of the world is covered. It also supports different file types and enables sharing it with friends to they would not get lost. Also, Pocket Earth has several special directions and maps for adventurers, particularly for cycling and hiking.
4. Sygic. It isn’t just a map guide, but could also get plenty of information from on iOS devices. The application offers voice navigation besides simply reaching one’s destination. It warns when one is about to reach the speed limit or is about to pass through speed cameras. The junction view provides a clear idea of taking contingency on highways. All the main maps of continents are included, to provide users the best experience. Now, the app supports Apple Watch as well.
5. Galileo Offline Maps. It is totally free and does almost everything the others do, but with one vital difference. It works based on cache, meaning that there is no concept of downloading maps. One only has to take a look at the map for offline use and it will be cached at all the zoom levels that one sees it on.
6. World Maps Offline. This is truly a neat, simple and clearly focused offline maps applications. The great thing about this is that unlike a lot of other applications, there is no in-app purchase. One only has to buy this one, choose patches to download and it will all be saved to the iPhone.
Maps apps for iOS offers all-new design and a host of innovative features. The apps make finding and getting to one’s destination easier and faster than ever. With turn-to-turn directions, proactive suggestions, 3D views and the ability to use third-party applications, there is so much to explore.
Getting directions to where one is headed is a lot easier and simpler with Maps applications for iOS.
The mobile application industry is a very exciting place to keep an eye on. It has grown tremendously and the future looks bright, not only for mobile app users but for mobile application developers as well.
The mobile app field is an exciting area to keep an eye on. It has tremendously grown over the last decade and likely to continue doing so. So, what does the mobile app development future hold?
SOLUTIONS THAT CATER TO CONSUMER REQUIREMENTS
A lot of organizations look forward to introduce solutions that could cater to the consumer needs. Companies are launching different mobile applications faster. Such mobile app solutions originated with the bright idea of delivering maximum value to the clientele at each step while developing smart phone apps using the major components such as fast launches and quick market reach.
THE TRENDS OF MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT IN THE FUTURE
The last couple of years have been paramount when it comes to innovations in the mobile world. The development sector particularly, is headed towards a wonderful transformation because of the different trends. Take a look at such trends that would keep mobile app developers happy this year and beyond.
1. Relevance of Cloud-Based Development. Mobile app developers predict that cloud-based smart phone apps would rule the market this year and they have. Growing cloud-based technology plays a vital role in the phone app development industry. The ultimate trends make application developers more focused on integrating and synchronizing apps that are developed for multiple devices. The cloud approach help developers in such a way that they could build outstanding applications that could be used easily on various mobile platforms, like Android, iOS, Windows and others. There is already a great number of organizations working on cloud-based app development platforms.
2. Better User Experience. From the little Apple watch display to the increasing, advanced screen size of the current Android handsets and iPhones, all provide a better user experience. An application has to retain its efficiency and functionality across all devices. Furthermore, app developers proficient in this would have more chances to succeed.
3. High Security in Applications. There’s been a lot of reports that point to the concern of users when it comes to hacking. As per prediction, 75 percent of mobile apps would not pass even basic security tests. These days, security is paramount. Hackers would continue the trend of exploiting known gaps of security in mobile apps to obtain sensitive, relevant and confidential information. Security would still remain a huge challenge for developers. It’s necessary for developers to take effective security issues.
4. Swift. It is a brand new programming language by Apple. For beginners, iPhone app developers confirm that using Swift is quiet easier compared to working with difficult Objective-C. Developers are learning the nitty-gritties of Swift so they could implement it easily.
5. HTML5. The framework and other related development tools would become more popular. As the advanced technology would improve, more and more organizations would adopt ‘hybrid’ as their main technology for mobile applications. Unlike native application development, mobile apps also use hybrid frameworks such as Intel, ionic, XDK, Mobile Angular UI, Sencha touch to support numerous platforms and reaching a bigger user bases would become significantly cheaper.
In this view point, developers must keep an eye on hybrid technologies.
6. Rapid Growth of the Popularity of Enterprise Application. Almost 35 percent of huge enterprises this year have their own app development platform. The number is expected to rise in the coming years. For this reason, the third enterprise application developers stand to gain the profit in this scenario. Presently, more than 42 percent of enterprise application developers have approximately a monthly revenue of $10,000 because of the growing popularity of enterprise application. There would be a big opportunity for mobile app developers for the enterprise market in the future.
7. Google App Indexing. When Google begun favorite mobile-optimize websites a few years back, huge brands with responsive designs witnessed a bigger boost in search results. The same SERP updated now are beginning to happen for applications. As a matter of fact, 40 percent of the total Android searches at present turn up app-indexing, a number that grew fast this year. Apple and Bing are also getting in on the application search game.
Mobile application is the future of software development. Today, the maximum number of people using smart phones demand only the best applications. Some mobile app developers already have gained momentum while others continue to make great efforts. However, there is no doubt that with the growing demand for mobile applications, there is plenty of room for developers wherever they may be located in the world. There is no doubt that mobile app developers will make remarkable marks in the mobile app development landscape in the future.
It is high time to create an outstanding mobile experience for users. Mobile app developers of course should be ready for all the changes and innovations that the coming years would bring.
In 2015, mobile users surpassed PC users worldwide whereas the year 2017 offers a massive growth for the mobile market. Technologies continue to evolve in order to make mobile app development cheaper and easier across the board. Besides, global revenues from mobile applications are expected to grow by a jaw-dropping 962.5% between 2011 and 2017, i.e. ($8 billion to $77 billion).
Besides, with high apps usage levels, the mobile apps industry is expected to cross $100 billion by the end of 2020.
Location Based Apps
As the name suggest, these apps will look at location, time, temperature or activity level to give the user a customized experience. For example, Snapchat has created a custom feel to locations with location filters, giving companies a golden opportunity to advertise based on specific location.
Its key advantages:
- Offers customers deals based on location and vicinity to the business
- Real-time promotions based on their proximity to the business
Augmented Reality Apps
The unprecedented success of Pokemon Go was due to augmented reality that offered a highly engaging experience to the general population. Although, such apps aren’t just used for playful purposes but apps like Word Lens can also be used for educational purposes.
Its key advantages:
- Reach millennial audiences in a highly engaging way
- Successful apps such as Pokemon Go, Snapchat filters gives the user a sense of hyper-reality
Android Instant Apps
These apps give the user ability to use apps without downloading them. Besides, instant apps are built lighter, so they take up less space on the user’s device.
Its key advantages:
- New Google play technology lets you use apps without downloading them
- Save adequate room on your phone while still engaging with a branded experience
Artificial Intelligence Apps
Last year, Facebook released a playful video showing new artificial intelligence technology being developed called Jarvis. Although, it was just a teaser and did not represent the real app. The year 2017 will make artificial intelligence seep into every aspect of our lives.
Its key advantages:
- Apps that can learn your preferences
- Make recommendations for you based on your behavior
- E-Commerce apps can now predict what items customer want on the basis of their previous purchasing behavior.
Internet of Things commonly known as IoT may sound complicated but essentially it connects everyday objects like your phone, to control a greater aspect of your day to day lives.
Moreover, combining artificial intelligence with IoT allows a mobile app developer to predict as well as personalize the digital experience.
Its key advantages:
- Household items being controlled remotely from your mobile device
- Offers new ways to automate our daily lives
Increased Cyber Security
Tons of personal information such as bank account information, credit card numbers, etc stored on the cloud turns out to be easily accessible worldwide. Now any reliable mobile app development companywould be security minded.
As we move further in 2017, securing personal information will become more secured by default.
Its key advantages:
- Our personal information will remain secured as app developers have started taking some extra precautions.
- Faster detection and remedies of threats
- Operations are more simplified
- An increase in end to end encryption will be seen
Interactive Marketing Apps
It is revealed that app revenue will soar to $77 billion by the end of 2017 with approx. 268 million mobile app downloads. In fact, several companies have started using mobile apps to connect with their customers for quality engagement.
Its key advantages:
- Increases sales conversions
- Lower overhead expenses
- Audience engagement
- Social network sharing
Person-To-Person Economy Apps
With the success of mobile apps like digital wallet which lets you make and share payments among friends, the person-to-person is being facilitated really well through technology.
Its key advantages:
- Venmo and the Facebook Marketplace
- Connects faster and find relevant things that improve your life
It’s time to stay ahead of the curve by growing the business revenue and surpassing all your business goals. With such a bunch of mobile apps, one can:
- Increase sales
- Drive engagement
- Build brand loyalty
This year, there would be more mobile phone usage. With the growing number of mobile devices to meet different requirements, there are new trends that would prevail in the mobile app field.
More than 1 billion smart phones and 179 mobile apps are downloaded every year, thus mobile development is definitely one of the actively growing and innovative sector nowadays. The mobile app market is without doubt dominated by Google apps, social media and gaming applications. Furthermore, small and medium businesses are following the mobile trend.
MOBILE TREND IN 2017
This year is considered the mobile technology era. It is predicted that the number of mobile phone users would reach 4.77 billion this year. In 2016, there are 4.61 billion of them. Together with all the wide-spread use and growth of mobile applications, there would come new functionalities, features and even trends that would prevail in the mobile application industry.
7 TRENDS THAT DEFINE THE MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT FUTURE
1. WEARABLE DEVICES. In 2016, 101.9 million wearable devices were shipped. Smart wearable devices such as the Apple Watch and the Hololens of Microsoft shows upcoming change in computing and transition from basic to smart wearables. This opens new opportunities for application developers, vendors and accessory makers. The smart phone would be the hub of a personal-area network that consists of wearable gadgets, which include smart jewelry, on-body healthcare sensors, display devices, smart watches and various sensors embedded in shoes and clothes. The gadgets would communicate with mobile apps to deliver information in new ways and enable a huge range of services and products in areas like fitness, sport, fashion, healthcare and hobbies. Wearables connected with smart phones would influence the strategies of the next generation mobile app development.
2. IoT AND MOBILE-CONNECTED SMART OBJECTS. Gartner stated that there would be 26 billion connected devices in 2020, including several hundred smart objects like LED light bulbs, home appliances, toys, medical devices, sports equipment, controllable power sockets and more. The domestic smart objects would be part of the IoT and would communicate via an application on a smart phone or tablet. Tablets and smart phones server as remote controls that display and analyze information, interacting with social networks to monitor ‘things’ that could post or tweet, paying subscription services, updating object firmware and ordering replacement consumables. Furthermore, established organizations like enterprise software vendors such as SAP with its Internet of Things Solutions and the Intelligent Systems Service of Microsoft are adding IoT capabilities to their offerings.
3. MOTION AND LOCATION SENSING. Most mobile devices have location sensor capacities that use numerous positioning methods to provide various granularities of location data. Knowing a person’s location within a few meters is useful in providing highly important contextual services and information. Motion sensing applications are used in anti-theft, security, power-savings and games. Location sensing is useful in games, Geotagging, vehicle navigation and fitness applications. Applications with exploit precise indoor location at present use technologies, like imaging, Wi-Fi, geomagnetic and ultrasonic beacons. In the longer run, technologies like smart lighting would also be relevant. Precise indoor location sensing, along with mobile apps, would enable a new generation of very personalized information and services.
4. M-COMMERCE. Different analysts believe that positive trend in mobile purchases continue over the next four years since more and more consumers adapt M-Commerce. Boosting the popularity of Google Wallet and Apple Pay would facilitate purchases that use the mobile phones instead of credit or debit cards. This requires developers to build a mobile app, which could process transactions with no need for cash or physical debit or credit cards. Along with wearable device that could process payments, M-Commerce would take a different shape.
5. APPLICATION PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT. There are a couple of factors that lead to performance bottlenecks in application testing, for instance the diversity of mobile devices and non-deterministic nature of mobile networks. However, mobile monitoring tools and metrics, known collectively as APM or application performance management has improved quality assurance and testing. APM offers visibility into application behavior, delivers statistics on which OSs and devices are adopted as well as monitors user behavior in order to determine which application features are successfully exploited. With the enterprise infrastructures and app landscape shifting to the cloud, APM tools face more challenges to provide real performance benefits with virtual perimeters. Modern companies need robust tools that could monitor the resources utilize by apps, align performance with business processes and correlate the data with meaningful user insights.
6. ENTERPRISE MOBILE MANAGEMENT. Is a set of people, processes and technology that use mobile computing for simplifying businesses. The key dimensions of enterprise mobile management or EMM are app management, security and financial management, app containerization and wrapping and several elements of enterprise file sharing and synchronization. Such tools would grow in scope, mature and would eventually address a range of mobile management requirements across all operating systems, such as tablets, smart phones and personal computers. EMM therefore represents the convergence and future evolution of various mobile security, management and support technologies.
7. INNOVATIVE MOBILE USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN. Effective content and data display on the mobile user interface is vital for a sound user experience. Successful mobile app organizations, like Instagram, Houzz, Wunderlist and Pinterest have developed new patterns that depict interactive interfaces and intuitive deigns. Also, designers are building applications that could accommodate mobile challenges, like partial user interruption and attention. Apps must exploit technologies with novel features, like circular design pattern, interactive content layers, cards and content manipulation. The features create an ‘augmented reality’ by letting users interact with content in more detail. Leading consumer applications set high standards for user interface design, and all companies should master new work and skills with new partners for meeting the growing expectations of users.
Obviously, the mobile application industry, that’s already big is not going to stop growing. The number of mobile applications is constantly growing and the trend would continue this year and beyond 2017.
Previous year, Google introduced the new concept of downloading any web page so that it can be viewed completely even if the user is offline. This year the company introduces apps like Pocket and Instapaper to help the user read web pages offline without even downloading them. A downloading feature introduced way back in December is now being improved and improvised by the software development company to make it easier for the end user. All they require to do is, update the latest version of chrome.
How does the read offline feature work?
First, long press on any link and select the “DOWNLOAD LINK”. The feature is also available when you long press an article suggestion on the new tab page. Further, the company adds that the next time when the user runs into chrome’s offline dinosaur, they will see “download page later” button. The moment the user taps this, chrome will automatically download the page for them when they get back online.
The team of top-notch web developers are making it easier for the user to get back to the content downloaded. Which means when he/she opens a new tab, he will see articles that have been downloaded tagged with a new offline badge. In addition to this, chrome will show a list of recent downloads on the page for easy access. Hence, there will always be a ready-to-go list of pages or articles to read even if you are out of data for the month or lose the network in a dead zone.
Interesting Mobile Development Trends To Follow In 2017
In terms of the smartphone industry, Google android stands heads and shoulders above its rivals. According to studies, 88% of all smartphone devices are active on Android. The post further reveals numerous other interesting Android development trends for the year 2017.
#1 Arrival of Android on desktop
Since last October, Google’s ambitious projects has been in limelight. The year 2017 brings the mobile platform to become available on the laptops, desktops and convertible computer systems. Most of the android app developers consider this a seamless merger of Android with chrome OS. In addition to this, a cue from Microsoft is also expected to be taken to enhance mobile and desktop functionalities.
#2 Improvements in Artificial intelligence
Over the last few quarters, the quality of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning on Android devices have been seen increasing as well as improving. And this is the reason why the productivity and capabilities of in-app chat bots and digital assistants should continue to grow up in 2017. Besides, the user-friendliness of Google play is also set to get a boost with the help of a neural network – making the task of searching for mobile apps that much easier.
#3 Developing android apps with swift
In December 2015, swift went open source programming language available to several android developers across the globe. It may quite interest you to know that the swift university recently announced its first Android oriented learning course with Swift in a proper android integrated development environment. This trend has resulted in making android apps more popular than before.
#4 Growth of Android Instant Apps
In comparison to the iOS apps, the instant app technology makes everything seamlessly executed for smartphone users. Presently, devices upgraded to the latest android version (Nougat) support instant apps. However, this is likely to be extended to all handsets running on android 4.1 and above this year. With instant apps, it becomes easy for the end users to check out the main features of the app on devices without downloading the entire thing. While developers, on the other hand, can benefit from with greater modularity as they require the same APIs and source codes, no separate versions are created.
#5 Android smartwatches
Finally, android wear 2.0 was rolled out in February and I am sure that before the end of the year, the mobile app development company will offer several new android smartwatches. Huawei Watch 2/Watch 2 Classic, Guess Connect and Misfit Vapor are some of the new Android smartwatches that should be launched in the next 2-3 quarters.
All the eyes are kept on Google’s Android for upcoming trends and technology. There will be a significant increase in the availability of apps in Google play store. Although IOS might be considered with greater revenue potential but android is supposed to be ruling the current digital market.
Mobile app developers in the UK are predicted to add billions of pounds to the economy this year. A mobile app development company UK builds applications for tablets and smart phones are forecasted to generate billions this year, with the United Kingdom benefiting more than any other economy in Europe form billions of consumers spending on their phones.
APP DEVELOPER JOBS IN THE UK
More than a third of the generated revenues by all 28 European member states come from the United Kingdom, with 8,000 organizations involved directly in application development, hiring 380,000 people. Britain is home to the King Digital Entertainment that makes the blockbuster Candy Crush Saga smart phone game and BBC as well as developers like Mubaloo, which build applications for other organizations. Finding a third party mobile application developer is easy. Nevertheless, finding the right application development company to work with could be truly tricky. Deciding who to partner with for a mobile app development and design isn’t an easy task. How to choose and how to evaluate the app developers in the UK requires proper consideration.
Things to keep in mind when evaluating a mobile app development company in the UK:
1. Ability for on time shipment. This is pretty straightforward. It is important to determine if the partner could hit deadlines every time. Untimely shipping is probably the most difficult thing when it comes to cost and a wasted opportunity. The company to invest with should be able to make good on its promises.
2. Determine where design and development is done. When it comes to outsourcing mobile app development, there is a cost versus quality dynamic. A company may get a cheap partnership, but chances are it will not be of the same quality that a leading provider could provide.
3. Customer references. One of the first things to check out is the portfolio of the application development company’s past work. It is important to determine which brands they have worked with in the past as well as the kinds of problems that they have solved. This provides a good indication of what they could provide their clients.
4. Find out if experienced or junior engineers will be working on the app. Many service providers would charge less because the app is being made by inexperienced engineers. Some are okay with that. In other instances, clients expect a specific craftsmanship level that could only come with top-notch, experienced talent. Also, there is more risk or a project being derailed with an inexperienced agency. If completing the mobile application on time is a priority, the experienced designers and engineers could finish the project and deliver on time.
5. Determine if the service provider gives a white label application or a fully custom application. Some mobile app development companies would re-skin a white label application and rig it to suit client needs. This may be completely all right for some companies that depend on the situation, many applications for trade shows and conferences probably could just be white labeled as the pretty much all need the same functionality. Ninety-nine percent of 100 companies would want a custom application developed and designed. Choosing the less costly white label solution could be detrimental and end up being more costly rather than a cost savings.
6. Check out the application developer’s process. Find out if the process or processes of the company ensure that the application will be shipped on time. If it does not ship on time, determine if the process ensure the client is aware they the application is behind schedule. This is most helpful in mid-project. A good service provider would have a process wherein they would be able to identify, mid-project if it is on track to be completed by a deadline or not. Process is important as well since it does not only ensure that the app will be shipped on time but also ensures that it is built right.
Choosing a mobile app development company in the UK is not easy and one would definitely want to be thorough with the decision. A mistake could be costly. The most important thing is to evaluate mobile development organizations on their past work, pitches and talk to a few of their former and current clients. This would provide the clearest sense of the capabilities of the application developer process and the ability to ship on time. Britain consumers lead the way when it comes to smart phone ownership and spending on mobile entertainment and shopping, downloading over 250m applications a month, which is equal to four per British citizen per month.
Certainly, the UK is among the top global tech industry hubs with various metrics that indicate that it in fact is the biggest technology hub in Europe and is most likely the second most important technology hub after the United States. The economy of the United Kingdom is more export-oriented, wherein developers could significantly generate more revenues from high-growth markets outside Europe compared to other European developers.
Over a past few years, mobile applications have succeeded in becoming the heart of the online business. Thus, going for the best mobile application company to carry out the app needs is very important. Now building digital products is hard and one wrong decision can lead you to months of delay, badly coded with poorly designed user experience and worst of all- tens and hundreds of dollars wasted. While on the other hand, selecting the right mobile app development company could overcome the difference between a profitable mobile business and wasting money on useless code just to die a painfully slow business death.
Now, deciding who to partner with is no easy decision and can be insanely tricky. The following post offers a plethora of signals to evaluate if the app development company is actually credible or not.
Ability to ship on time
Can your development partner hit deadlines, each and every time? Not shipping on time can probably turn out to be the hardest thing in terms of cost and wasted opportunity. As a business, be it a startup or an established one, it is quite advisable to ensure that the company you spend tens or hundreds of dollars has the potential to make good on their promises.
Before choosing any app development company, it is always advisable to go through their past work. See which brands they have worked with and the types of problems they have solved in the past. This gives you a good indication of what they can provide you.
Can they provide experienced engineers?
Just like how design and development are done, who designs and develops the app is equally important. As a client, a certain level of craftsmanship is supposed to be expected that can be achieved only with experienced, top-notch talent.
Like I said before, selecting a mobile app development company is not easy and one mistake can lead you back to square one. Although, you will be limited primarily by cost but choosing a cheaper option may seem attractive on the surface. Therefore, evaluate pretty wisely! Further, in the post, we have curated some of the trusted mobile application development companies in UK considering the aforementioned key factors.
The company based in Brighton with its offices in London & Amsterdam chooses user-centered approach means to develop smarter and friendlier ways for their clients as well as the end users. Over the last decade, the Brightec has succeeded in building highly successful, award-winning apps for some of the UK’s leading enterprise companies and most innovative start-ups.
Further speaking about their team of mobile app developers, they are skilled and well experienced in working across a number of market sectors and have helped many businesses solve organizational challenges, improve sales and engage their audiences.
#2 Red C
Since its inception in 2007, the company endeavors hard in creating outstanding mobile solutions for its clients across the globe. Red C incorporates various teams of developers such as:
- Native apps developers – they choose the native build approach which means that the code is written in the same language as the operating system.
- iOS apps developers – The team of developers can develop apps in Objective-C, a mixture of objective-C & swift or purely in swift.
- Android apps developers – Java is the primary development language used by their professionals to carefully design apps that looks great on all devices.
#3 Pocket app
Established over a decade, Pocket app has been successfully building fully integrated solutions including mobile applications, mobile internet sites, augmented reality, mobile coupons, etc. Their service range includes:
- Enterprise mobility with leading security and management controls
- App development services includes utilization of Bluetooth, QR codes, SMS, MMS, GPRS and newer technologies like NFC
- Mobile Consultancy- they company truly understands how the target audience engages with the developed app.
- Responsive Design- Tablets and smartphone sales are exploding and Pocket app incorporates an extensive range of designers/developers in order to keep their customers ahead of the trend.
#4 TatvaSoft UK Ltd.
The software development company strives hard to become the most preeminent information technology consulting service provider across UK. Established in 2001, the CMMI Level 3 company has succeeded in providing a competitive edge to many organizations. With its offices in London, Tatvasoft excels in providing custom application development services to multiple industry domains and diverse technology platforms such as .Net, Java, BizTalk, Sharepoint, Big Data and so more.
The team of mobile app developers tends to collaborate with enterprises to design, develop and offer complete IT solutions for their valuable clienteles.
#5 Just Total Tech
Founded in 2008, the company specializes in providing a full-fledged, cross-divisional operation that supports a growing client base throughout UK. Their extensive range of services include:
- Bespoke software development
- Web application development
- Mobile app development
- Website design and development
- Open source development for platforms including CRM, ERP, Magento, Opencart, WordPress, and Joomla
The team of professionals makes a point to meet every requirement of the client and end up turning their vision into reality successfully.
So this is it for now! We hope that the post will help you to narrow down your search as well as save some valuable time.
Not every business benefits from having an app but with the growing demand of smartphones, mobile apps turn out to be a smart move to your current customer retention strategy. Many surveys have revealed that people spend around 80% of their time using different smartphone apps. The staggering figure is more likely to increase in the future. Now being a businessperson building and maintaining apps may not be a part of your main focus. And thankfully, to develop a mobile app you don’t need to hire a professional as you will find numerous outsourcing options around who strive hard to provide great and easy user experience.
Why Your Startup Needs A Mobile App? – Now
Most of the small to medium scale business owners have this misconception that smartphone apps are meant for large scale entities or industries. Moreover, they often think that these Android and iOS apps are too expensive or too industry specific, which is absolutely incorrect. Any business can profit from a mobile app, do you know how?
Pleasing Your Customers- Mobile apps, be it android or iOS give businesses the opportunity to interact with their end-users in the real time with accurate information on the location and demographic through user profiles. Connecting with a reliable mobile application development company generally, succeeds in translating your engaging customer into a paying customer.
Direct Marketing Channel- Apart from 24*7 visibility, apps even act as a direct marketing channel that provides general info, prices, booking forms, search features, messenger’s, user accounts and so more.
Above all, being an entrepreneur your customers can receive special sales and promotional discounts at their fingertips. Whether you offer push notifications or have direct interaction reminding the end users regarding your latest products and services can create wonders for your business in no time.
Your Brand Name Impacts Everything- Instead of launching a website, a mobile app can greatly contribute in building you as a brand. It’s more like a blank billboard sign where you can create it in whatever way you prefer, stylish, informative, hip, functional, etc. But always remember to develop an app that is loved by your target audience as well as builds your brand gracefully.
It is truly said that the more often you get your customers involved with your app, the sooner they will be compelled to opt for your products and services.
Be An Exception- Establishing new e-commerce websites have become pretty common these days. Seeking help from a mobile app development company can take you a big leap ahead of your competitors. Have a forward-thinking approach and surprise your present and potential customers.
Cultivate Customer Loyalty- Last but certainly not the least, developing your very own mobile app cultivates customer’s loyalty. With so many options out there- roadside banners to billboards, flashing signs, newspaper ads, flyers, coupons, website banners, businesses tend to lose impact on their customers. Hence, developing a feature-rich mobile app is a great idea to make them loyal towards your product. After all, you are just a fingertip away at all times.
Over a past few years, the world has been flooded with new releases/announcements of smartphone brands, be it Android or iphone. Each release of a phone feels like a single Mentos being dropped into a 2-litre coke ending up creating a new explosion of debate that who has the best phone, iOS or Android! Now before getting into the nitty-gritty of the topic, I would like to reveal that I am not an “Apple hater”. It’s just that I use the phone which fits my needs. Besides, I have several technology based reasons which prove that android phone is better than iphone.
Reason #1- Ample of choices
Android offers an endless range of choices for phones. I mean you can buy a phone whose main focus is the camera or do you want a phone that could easily withstand rough use or being dropped several times? And I think that’s the beauty of Android phones, you can get the one that fits you.
Reason #2- Customization
Another interesting reason for choosing an Android phone is its customization. Don’t like the standard Android keyboard? Well, you can download third-party keyboard app that easily replaces the stock one. In addition to this, you can download a new launcher especially when you don’t like the launcher that currently runs on your phone.
Reason #3- Other interesting features
Some of the other interesting features offered exclusively by an Android phone are:
- Water and dust resistant
- Wireless charging
- IR (infrared) blaster to control devices
- Ability to access all your files by using your phone as a mass storage device
Other than this, one key way that makes Android OS massively different from its Apple brand competition is the number of phones running out there in the market. 2017 is still young unveiling a fresh wave of handsets around the corner. Here I have rounded up the best Android handsets out there today, rating the phones on hardware performance, OS upgrade potential and, of course, how shiny and nice they are to have.
Here are they:
Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+
Samsung has once again taken the top spot of the best android phone available in the world. A smartphone that’s great in design runs on a fast and up to date Exynos 8895 SoC, built on 10nm process. Although Samsung has touched up on the cameras but it looks quite similar to the previous versions. Some of Samsung Galaxy S8 specifications include: incredible design, amazing display, the new iris scanner allows you to unlock the phone with just your eyes.
- Weight- 155g
- Dimensions- 148.9 x 68.1 x 8mm
- OS: Android 7
- Screen size: 5.8-inch
- Resolution: 1440 x 2960
- CPU: Exynos 8895
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Rear camera: 12MP, Front camera: 8MP
Galaxy S8 is the best smartphone loaded with amazing Android apps to buy at the moment. Now unlike S8, S8+ is meant for big screen lovers with 6.2-inch QHD display and Samsung’s AMOLED panels look as good as ever.
One plus 3T
One plus 3T is pretty in vogue these days. The smartphone turns out to be an all-rounder and offers best performance-to-price ratio among the latest Android phones. For the very first time, one plus has made an all-metal smartphone, and while the phone is reminiscent of the HTC One M9, it is still a good design. Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoC, the device has 6 GB of RAM and can go on for a whole day on a single charge. Other specifications include:
- Weight: 158g
- Dimensions: 152.7 x 74.7 x 7.4 mm
- OS: Android Marshmallow
- Screen size: 5.5-inch
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920
- CPU: Snapdragon 821
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB
- Battery: 3400mAh
- Rear camera: 16MP, Front Camera: 16MP
The good news is that low-cost flagship smartphones are getting better and better. And if you are very desperate of buying a high-end Android phone, One plus 3T is definitely worth considering.
One of the most innovative smartphones for the year 2016, Moto Z continues to maintain its position as the most innovative smartphone. Moto Z is actually a fast and smooth smartphone, with an understated, but the excellent camera. Besides, you’ll be able to switch out elements for future accessories. It may be the world’s thinnest phone but looks great in your hand. Key features include:
- Weight: 136g
- Dimensions: 153.3 x 75.3 x 5.2 mm
- OS: Android Marshmallow
- Screen size: 5.5-inch
- Resolution: 1440 x 2560
- CPU: Snapdragon 820
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32/64GB
- Battery: 2600mAh
- Rear camera: 13MP, Front camera: 5MP
Moto Z is quite modular like LG G5 but its far better with mobile apps and extra-add-ons and carries a much easier use Snap-On design.
Google Pixel & Pixel XL:
We all know how Google has taken the search engine giant long enough but do you know that Google has finally launched a phone? Pixel and Pixel XL both can offer an ultimate Android experience without a complicated bunch of features. The smartphone takes the latest version of Google software ‘Android 7.1 Nougat’ in its natural form. The main reason you’d buy this phone is for the camera though. Other interesting features include:
- Weight: 143g
- Dimensions: 143.8 x 69.5 x 8.5mm
- OS: Android 7.1
- Screen size: 5-inch
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920
- CPU: Snapdragon 821
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32/128GB
- Battery: 2770mAh
- Rear camera: 12MP, Front camera: 8MP
If you are looking for a phone that offers smooth performance, bright, colorful HD display, better battery life, look no further than Google pixel and pixel XL.
So this is it for now! Keep watching the space to know more about android application development in India.
Successful ventures always ask for evolution and adaptation. Google is one of the leading tech companies that has delved into versatile technology trends such as Internet of Things (IoT), Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence and so more. Apart from this, the company has invested in many other channels and paradigms of the tech-world viz such as:
- Making gadgets and software
- Designing classroom training tools
- Designing a virtual assistant
- Creating products to solve social issues using technology
Presenting To You …..Google Lens!
At Google’s I/O developer conference 2017, CEO Sundar Pichai announced the release of a new technology called Google Lens. The basic concept of the product is to leverage Google’s computer vision and AI technology which could give our smartphone cameras even more power. The vision-based computing capabilities allow a smartphone to understand what’s going on in a phone, video or live feed. For instance, if you point your phone at a flower, Google lens will tell you which type of flower it is or aim the camera at a restaurant sign just to see its reviews popping up.
Another interesting feature available in Google lens is the ability to point at a router’s setting sticker and have it automatically connected to the network using Optical Character Recognition. Combined with assistant, Google lens also allows users to point their phone at a sign for a concert and automatically add that event to the calendar. Moreover, it can even purchase tickets right then and there.
Not so long ago, the company had launched Word lens to detect and translate text in any foreign language from a picture captured by your smartphone’s camera. Another app named Goggles could pull up any information on the painting, bar-coded image or a landmark captured in a frame. Lens will no longer be a standalone mobile app to accommodate for functional versatility.
AI And Big Data Weaved Into The Conventional Search Feature
Google has encouraged rethinking all its products with a renewed focus on machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) technology. The CEO of the company said “All of Google was built because we started understanding text and web pages. So the fact that computers can understand images and videos have profound implications for our core mission.” And Google lens is an attempt to combines the best of both device-centric worlds.
The company simultaneously started its mission while establishing data centers all across the world with a huge network of computers set in place. These machines were fed with valuable pieces of personal information for around 2 decades. It may quite interest you to know that AI-first data centers were the foundations of building an app deep-rooted in Big Data in order to create a smart world.
The massive reserves of visual information and Google’s growing cloud AI infrastructure helps the lens to not only procure information but also understand the context, figure the location out, predict user’s next set of actions and so more.
Is Google Lens A Smart Software Or Beyond?
AI and Big Data aren’t just the two buzzwords that lens can relate to. While showcasing the mesmerizing mobile app, the company also hinted at the future of smart-sensing and data-aggregation. By combining all the general-purpose sensors into one super-sensor- the smartphone camera is about to bring a “trillion-sensor world” revolution.
In addition to this, Google attempts to shift the world’s focus from being device-centric to AI centric. This move has resulted in bringing the higher success rate that the company can boost of, as compared to its competitors. For example, Samsung with its Bixby Vision on the Galaxy S8 has ventured into similar space by creating a vision-based version of the digital assistant. Facebook had announced an augmented-reality (AR) platform for its developers to experiment with photo and video filters, games and art projects.
Lastly, The Company didn’t announce when Google Lens would be available, only saying that it’s arriving “soon.”